Monday, December 10, 2018

FNM Fandom Drama 5

Novel Concepts:

leperwitch
Why not instead of taking someone’s positive/happy post about Mike Patton’s birthday and how to shape up the fandom as a whole, dropping trou, and shitting all over it, make your own separate post reasonably voicing concerns?
Why not instead of automatically assuming that information about one of your rock star heroes is bullshit and making it all about you and your *feelings*, message someone in private and find out what the real story is?
Why not instead of bellyaching about “invasion of privacy” concerning your favorite public figures and what can easily be googled or traced back to old interviews, understand with your triple-digit IQ that all that’s really happening is an attempt at keeping girls as young as 13 from making bad decisions?
I woke up reading all this mess feeling particularly nasty, but being nasty is what you sorts want me to be. You’d love it if I stooped down to your level, but instead I’m going to be civil and just give some good advice that maybe you and those in your generic McFeminist squad need to hear:
  1. Patting yourselves on the back for not sharing a link to Macumba means nothing. You still did nothing when a girl barely in her teens contemplated downloading and watching it, and you also did nothing about the original poster sharing it, a girl who I admittedly did run off of Tumblr because she did some disgusting that I’m not at liberty to speak of here.
  2. Listening, asking questions, using critical thinking skills - things you supposedly do at your big-people job - they’ll come in handy in this fandom too. When I first got sucked into the Pattonverse I just trusted that everyone was rational and knew how to carry themselves. I was sadly proven wrong. The woman you reblogged that positive birthday post from? She knows way more about that Ipecac circus than you ever will, but unlike you she doesn’t have a smug attitude about it.
  3. Those blogs that got deactivated in early 2016 were done so at the bequest of people who know Patton directly, and that’s all that needs to be said about that. Using your noggin will save you a lot of grief.
  4. Meeting a band or its members 1 - 2 times in a public setting doesn’t mean you know what kind of people they are behind closed doors. If you had sex with any of these men, any of them, and one of the first things that came out of their mouths was “You’re tight, you feel like a teenage boy”, your rock-n-roll fantasy would come crashing down pretty fast.
  5. The only reason, the ONLY reason I ever made some information so blatantly public on this blog was because that same girl that almost got Macumba handed to her was approached by The Turd to take bass lessons alone in his apartment, the same tactic he used on another teenage girl about five years ago. I couldn’t let this happen again. You could have been a big girl and messaged me about why I did this, but no, calling me a liar and calling his ex-girlfriend a liar was more convenient. In fact, it was YOU who encouraged this girl to travel from New Jersey to New York, by HERSELF, to take bass lessons from a man she doesn’t even know. Do you not see how gross and unsettling your lack of logic is?
I have sat here for months watching you and a few others continue to just stew in this passive-aggressive form of denial. Both of you, BOTH OF YOU, who I am not even going to waste time tagging, you know what kind of man he is. You absolutely know. I don’t buy into that clueless act one bit. You know that someone is nasty, that someone is a predator, and you chose to do nothing. You chose to keep the fantasy alive because comfort is more important to you than truth.
The people who showed up in this fandom after 2015 are some of the nicest, most aware and explicitly “woke” fans that I’ve talked to and shared stories with. To say that they were the undoing of this fandom is a disservice to their passion and their intuitive knack for what is and isn’t okay. The only people who have ruined this fandom are people like you, who are intent on sneaky backstabbing and character assassination. Like I said, I could be nasty. I could post some screenshots of your receipts. I could post a brief conversation I had with Billy on Facebook about the delusional attitude of a fan in particular here, but that’s stooping to your level.
Getting to the point of this post - if you’re so concerned with safety and privacy, understand that sometimes privacy has to be overridden for the sake of safety. I do not regret doing what I did. I’m not going to go away, either. You’re not going to have a “safe space” here again because we live in an ugly world that is inherently not safe. My concern is with those girls, the kind of girls he goes after, not with women older than me that are somehow less perceptive and much less mature.
If anyone wants to talk to me about this directly, you know how to use the messaging system. Until then, stop figuratively shitting on someone else’s happiness for the sake of white-knighting for a group of middle-aged marginally famous musicians that don’t care if you live or die.
in-this-psychodrome
So I’m going to go point-by-point here to keep things clear. The two posts I discuss in detail are screenshots at the bottom of the post and are linked right here.
Why not instead of taking someone’s positive/happy post about Mike Patton’s birthday and how to shape up the fandom as a whole, dropping trou, and shitting all over it, make your own separate post reasonably voicing concerns?
Because the original post was making an open call for doing some of the same shit that was involved getting this mess started.
Why not instead of automatically assuming that information about one of your rock star heroes is bullshit and making it all about you and your *feelings*, message someone in private and find out what the real story is?
Because the one time I messaged you about someone having problems in the fandom your response was “I don’t know all the details, but there is a stalkerish person/people trying to harass both Trevor and Mike’s wife, plus "fans” that post about either of them too much.“ and the constant line on your blog is that you can’t say more about the situation to protect an industry insider. I have no reason to believe you’d answer me with any more information than that and I don’t trust you enough to take you at your word. If you’ve got documentation on something you should have published it long ago as a public good to protect people instead of making strong assertions backed up by implication and your word.
Also, I saw that you messaged me, you said you wanted an open dialogue so here we go. I’m tired of all this hidden nonsense. If you’ve got something to say say it in the open so there’s no question of doctored screencaps and secret conversations. You’re a proud INTJ, you should be down for open, direct, clear statements and you should understand why, with your presentation of the situation thus far, people would be skeptical.
Trevor Dunn isn’t actually a rock star hero of mine but you are claiming that he is a multiple child rapist and that people at Ipecac have proof of this in the form of positive paternity tests. If that is true and he has not been charged that means that everyone who is aware of the positive tests who has not approached the police to report the sexual assault of a child is complicit in protecting him, since proof of paternity is admissible evidence in statutory rape cases. Which means that if you have proof that it is true protecting children is more important than protecting the reputation of your source on that info - fucking share it and let’s get the cops on this motherfucker.
Why not instead of bellyaching about “invasion of privacy” concerning your favorite public figures and what can easily be googled or traced back to old interviews, understand with your triple-digit IQ that all that’s really happening is an attempt at keeping girls as young as 13 from making bad decisions?
Because the children and family members of public figures are not themselves public figures and that’s something this fandom seems to forget. I do not give shit one about Mike Patton’s dick, he whipped or didn’t whip it out and that’s on him, but the speculative conversations about it themselves involved thirteen year olds commenting on the photos. Also, PSA do not put adult content on blogs that aren’t 18+ because there ARE kids in this fandom (and I know that you, Leperwitch, are not a person who posts a ton of 18+ shit on your blog so that is not a callout on you).
And if you’re so interested in protecting 13-year-olds do what everyone else on tumblr does and make a callout blog with evidence that you can link to instead of putting cryptic shit in the tags. Say the word and you’re an admin on trevordunnisapredator.tumblr.com; post to your heart’s content.
I woke up reading all this mess feeling particularly nasty, but being nasty is what you sorts want me to be. You’d love it if I stooped down to your level, but instead I’m going to be civil and just give some good advice that maybe you and those in your generic McFeminist squad need to hear:
Formatting means all your nice numbers got turned into ones.

  1. Patting yourselves on the back for not sharing a link to Macumba means nothing. You still did nothing when a girl barely in her teens contemplated downloading and watching it, and you also did nothing about the original poster sharing it, a girl who I admittedly did run off of Tumblr because she did some disgusting that I’m not at liberty to speak of here.
Cheers mate, I did contact staff, I did message Lexicondevil666 about the age of the person she was sharing with, I did tell the kid not to look at it, I did make a point of telling people not to share this shit with minors, and I did sit up until four o'clock in the fucking morning chatting with another minor who had viewed it and was upset.
Lexicondevil666 blocked me because of the whole thing, which I felt bad about because she hadn’t intended to share it with minors and regretted it and I just wanted her to be more cautious in the future. My critical thinking skills however, are the reason that I’m going to point out that you’ve just admitted to harassing at least one person to the point that they no longer felt comfortable on tumblr AND that once again you’re saying "I’m not at liberty to speak of” a situation. NEITHER OF THESE THINGS MAKE ME INCLINED TO TRUST YOU.
  1. Listening, asking questions, using critical thinking skills - things you supposedly do at your big-people job - they’ll come in handy in this fandom too. When I first got sucked into the Pattonverse I just trusted that everyone was rational and knew how to carry themselves. I was sadly proven wrong. The woman you reblogged that positive birthday post from? She knows way more about that Ipecac circus than you ever will, but unlike you she doesn’t have a smug attitude about it.
When you first got active in the Tumblr fandom to the point that I was interacting with you it was immediately after you’d been run out of the Land of Sunshine group on Facebook because you’d claimed that your boyfriend’s ex had slept with Patton. (Something you called “eskimo cousins” which I'ma just point out is kinda racist). I know this because I made the mean girls “you can sit with us” graphic welcoming you to hang out with us and I’m STILL kicking myself that you getting booted from another fangroup didn’t ring alarm bells in my head in the first place. And unlike either you or the woman I reblogged this from I don’t actually *care* about the Ipecac circus. It’s a record label. Who gives a shit?
  1. Those blogs that got deactivated in early 2016 were done so at the bequest of people who know Patton directly, and that’s all that needs to be said about that. Using your noggin will save you a lot of grief.
Bequest tends to imply a death, request is the word you were looking for, but I don’t actually know what you’re talking about. Early 2016 was a year ago. Refresh my memory and stop being cryptic, were these the fanfic blogs? Good.
  1. Meeting a band or its members 1 - 2 times in a public setting doesn’t mean you know what kind of people they are behind closed doors. If you had sex with any of these men, any of them, and one of the first things that came out of their mouths was “You’re tight, you feel like a teenage boy”, your rock-n-roll fantasy would come crashing down pretty fast.
In an interview the band openly discussed urinating on a consenting women in a bathtub while they were on tour. Saying that someone’s vagina feels like a teenage boy’s asshole is pretty gross no matter how you slice it but if you’re picking up on shit terrorists or their friends you’re probably not picking up on nice guys. I’m sorry your friend was turned off/let down by some admittedly gross dirty talk but I don’t really have a rock-n-roll fantasy. I *don’t* know these dudes except for what they say in public but what they say in public is enough to let me know that I probably wouldn’t have a great time hanging out with them.
  1. The only reason, the ONLY reason I ever made some information so blatantly public on this blog was because that same girl that almost got Macumba handed to her was approached by The Turd to take bass lessons alone in his apartment, the same tactic he used on another teenage girl about five years ago. I couldn’t let this happen again. You could have been a big girl and messaged me about why I did this, but no, calling me a liar and calling his ex-girlfriend a liar was more convenient. In fact, it was YOU who encouraged this girl to travel from New Jersey to New York, by HERSELF, to take bass lessons from a man she doesn’t even know. Do you not see how gross and unsettling your lack of logic is?
Ex-the-fuck-scuse me - that thing you just said, that is a fucking lie. If you don’t like being called a liar don’t fucking lie. And if you THINK what you just said is true you need to check your goddamned sources. I had no idea that Kiddo (for convenience sake) had been approached by Dunn and if I did I would fucking NEVER encourage a minor to take lessons alone with an adult stranger, especially a semi-famous adult stranger she had something of a crush on. I talked to Kiddo about haircuts and gave her some advice about her fanfics. Literally the last interaction I had with her was advising her to be careful about interacting with the people she’d reblogged fanfics from because some weirdness was happening. At one point before the fanfics started she had a question about pregnancy and I answered her question and sent her some links, similar to the way that both you and I talked to her about bisexuality. At another point I told her she was too young to get a tattoo and to wait until she was eighteen because it was illegal for her as a minor to get a tattoo. Are you fucking kidding me, I was the one who pointed out her age and begged her not to watch macumba, there’s no fucking way I’d be the one to tell her to go meet a stranger for shady-ass bass lessons.
And you and I have different definitions of the words “blatant” and “public.” Your big single main post about this said that Trevor Dunn’s favorite victims are: teen girls, trans women, women of color, Patton’s fans, and athletic blonde women. You said that PATTON was the one who ordered the paternity test which, newsflash, you can’t actually compel without a judgement (funny, aren’t you studying criminal justice?) and I consider it unlikely that someone would voluntarily take paternity tests to prove he was a serial rapist.
This sounds unhinged. You’re saying that Dunn is a serial rapist, that it was confirmed when his boss/collaborator/friend “ordered” (does that mean he compelled Dunn or does that mean he swiped a spit sample from a coffee cup and mailed in to 23&me, does that mean got a court order) paternity tests, and that he is continuing to contact potential victims while he is still working with the people who have just confirmed he’s a rapist AND that none of this is Patton’s fault (which, if he knew about Dunn’s children by statutory rape, is simply not true as Patton himself should have gone to the police to report child rape and would be morally if perhaps not legally responsible for any future victims). In the same post (made in July) you say that you had known about this for months and it had been weighing on you, which is a bit odd because you had been making plenty of posts about Dunn in June that were sweetness and light talking about how cute he was.
In another post when someone asked for sources your response was that your friend who claimed to be dating him and sources close to Dunn had stories that lined up. In the SAME FUCKING POST you say “It took me seeing photos and reading emails/text messages from Dunn to make me realize how much of a creep he is. […] I have no reason to lie about any of this, neither does she, and neither do any other girls this happened to.” Why the fuck do you think my standard of evidence is any lower than yours? I’m not asking you to name victims but blank out their names in emails and text messages and post some fucking screenshots. You’ve got photos? Cover the faces of people who need to be protected. You say you have no reason to lie but I have no reason to believe you. You have posted what is objectively a very disturbing story and asked people to take you completely on faith when you didn’t even believe your friend without more proof than that.
I have sat here for months watching you and a few others continue to just stew in this passive-aggressive form of denial. Both of you, BOTH OF YOU, who I am not even going to waste time tagging, you know what kind of man he is. You absolutely know. I don’t buy into that clueless act one bit. You know that someone is nasty, that someone is a predator, and you chose to do nothing. You chose to keep the fantasy alive because comfort is more important to you than truth.
Oh my wounded heart be still, the passion, I can feel it flowing like a veritable river from you. I don’t know shit except what I read in interviews and the only person I see around here being passive aggressive is you in the tags.
The people who showed up in this fandom after 2015 are some of the nicest, most aware and explicitly “woke” fans that I’ve talked to and shared stories with. To say that they were the undoing of this fandom is a disservice to their passion and their intuitive knack for what is and isn’t okay. The only people who have ruined this fandom are people like you, who are intent on sneaky backstabbing and character assassination. Like I said, I could be nasty. I could post some screenshots of your receipts. I could post a brief conversation I had with Billy on Facebook about the delusional attitude of a fan in particular here, but that’s stooping to your level.
I like that you’re uncomfortable enough with the word woke to have to put it in quotation marks because “woke” to you apparently means “believing what I say unquestioningly.” Yeah, I was sneaky and I contacted one person to ask if you had freaked them out because a couple people got ahold of me and said that you had freaked them out. But I don’t have to engage in character assassination when it comes to dealing with someone who has admitted to running people off tumblr and likes to refer to other fans as poor deluded innocents who are taken in by their worship of a godlike singer dropped from the heavens. You’re condescending, abrupt, and generally unpleasant to interact with on a person-to-person basis; my initial beef with you was the shitty way you used to talk about women at your former job and I think from those former postings you understand that you’re not an easy person to get along with. Turns out I’m not easy to get along with either so I get that, but the extent of me talking to other people about you has been asking if ONE person if you had been harassing them after you made one of your “I have secret tumblr enemies who have formed a cabal against me” posts and talking to two people who had been freaked out by conversations with you. A conspiracy revealed! I’m such a good character assassin, chatting to my two friends, scrolling through your feed, asking one person if they were okay and biting my tongue for months so as to not make a shitload of dash drama. Congrats! I reached the end of my rope. I have ruined this fandom by checking in on people and reblogging only the posts I like! Marvel at my thundering power. Oh wait. No, that’s right, I destroyed the fandom by derailing one happy birthday post and making sure to message the person I reblogged it from to make sure they knew it wasn’t them I was responding to.
For the record the only screenshots I’ve got are on shit that *you* made public on your blog. I’m not about to put your personal conversations someplace you don’t want them to be, but that’s why I’m doing this here instead of through the messenger; this is fucking tumblr drama, not fucking child rape.
And drop all the receipts on me you want. At best you’ve got a screenshot of me saying that you come off as crazy; or perhaps it was the time I got too into wondering if Mike shaved his legs or was just naturally hairless, which I will totally own up to as creepy but trichotillomania does crazy things to people.
As to dropping receipts on other people I think that *would* be crossing a line, and it would be other people because, other than handing me a pic at a show, Billy has never interacted with me so I’ll thank you to keep that to yourself.
Getting to the point of this post - if you’re so concerned with safety and privacy, understand that sometimes privacy has to be overridden for the sake of safety. I do not regret doing what I did. I’m not going to go away, either. You’re not going to have a “safe space” here again because we live in an ugly world that is inherently not safe. My concern is with those girls, the kind of girls he goes after, not with women older than me that are somehow less perceptive and much less mature.
Oh thank science! You have a point! And it’s that you don’t understand privacy! Mike’s family photos are things that should be kept private. Emails that prove someone is a rapist should be made public. The names of victims should be kept 100% private (and I’m glad we agree on that). Text messages that prove someone is a rapist should be made public. My issue with what you’ve done is that you haven’t been public *enough* while an issue I have with the fandom in general is that it violates the privacy of band members’ families. These are different issues. You claim that you’re trying to make the world safe by asking people to take you at your word when you level accusations at someone who is, as far as we know, a complete stranger to you and to believe that you *also* have the stories of his drugged blonde trans underage women of color sex worker victims. And oh man are you barking up the wrong tree if you think I’m under the impression that my dash is a safe space. And I am older than you, but it is my maturity that makes me understand that the way you’ve brought this up has made more people dismiss you as someone who wants to be in the know more than they want to protect future victims.
Can you see that? You have to be able to see that. Your “I’m not at liberty to discuss” “I can’t say because it could hurt someone at the label” “I got my information from sources close to Dunn” “The problems go deeper than you think” rhetoric makes you look unreliable, it makes you look like you’re trying to appear important. It doesn’t read as protecting victims, it reads as “I know more than you ever could, foolish mortals with scales upon your eyes.” Clear off the fucking scales.
You’ve got “a mountain of evidence - photos, email transcripts, and more” but you won’t call  people out for fear of a slander lawsuit. Hey! Guess what! People with mountains of evidence don’t tend to worry about slander lawsuits. Use your fucking evidence.
I’m dead serious about trevordunnisapredator.tumblr.com. You’ve got stories? You’ve got evidence? You’re a forensics student? Fucking write up some Jane Does and post what you can for each unique incident with what evidence you’ve got (names and faces hidden of course) and a succinct description of each incident. Do this so each one is an individual post and doesn’t get jumbled with the others; if it’s an incident you don’t have personal access to link back to the source where you heard it. He posted a pic of his child-by-rape on IG? Fucking link it and how you know it’s his child-by rape. You’re a criminal forensics student but you don’t know how to write up a credible report that protects the victim’s identity? Sounds like it’s a good time to practice. Even if you can’t post evidence at least do an individual writeup instead of saying there are “several” kids-by-rape from “many” women of color. How many is several? Five? Twelve? How many are many? Three? Nine? Do your own posts sound like a case you would believe if you ran across it in a blotter? Don’t expect people to take you at your word alone because your posts so far have been jumbled and unclear to the point that they don’t appear to be credible. *That* you can message me on and the account is yours.
If anyone wants to talk to me about this directly, you know how to use the messaging system. Until then, stop figuratively shitting on someone else’s happiness for the sake of white-knighting for a group of middle-aged marginally famous musicians that don’t care if you live or die.
If anyone wants to talk to me about this directly, tag me. Fuck closed doors. And what is this, some kind of safe space? I’ll shit on posts that seem to need shitting on, especially if they’re calling for a behavior that has caused problems in the past. And don’t make this about the band, this wasn’t about white-knighting the band. This was very specifically about calling out the closed-doors, I know more than you so I’m special, I have the last word in this fandom attitude coming from *you.*
You know what I used to message people about in the fandom? If they were having a good day. If they were sad and needed pictures of puppies. If they were excited about a show. Now I don’t really message people in the fandom, and they largely don’t message me. You know why? Because people got run out of the fandom. And I’m not the one who has run anybody out of here and I don’t plan on doing so. In fact I hope this *doesn’t* run you off, I hope it just kick-starts that analytical side you’re so proud of discussing and makes you see that what you’ve been posting in the last six months looks ludicrous from the outside and makes you take some steps to fix it since *you’re* the one with the stories and the evidence and that makes you the only one who can.
You’ve been going on and on about protecting victims and I’m pissed because you’re doing a piss-poor job of it. Well, that and lying about me advising a thirteen year old to take private lessons from someone she was a fan of alone. Fuck you for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment